Our mom always made these tart, sweet bars during the summer. They are pretty simple to whip up and people go absolutely crazy for them. Take a batch to a barbecue or potluck and tell us how they were!
Lemon Love Notes
Servings: 20 bars
- 2 1/4 cups flour divided
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar plus more for dusting
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest from about two lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9-inch pan with parchment paper. (Use a single piece across the pan to go up the sides and then tuck two smaller pieces under the sheet for the ends.)
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour and powdered sugar. Cut butter into flour mix until it resembles coarse meal. Pat flour mixture into the bottom of the pan (it will seem a little dry) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let the crust cool for at least 10 minutes before topping with filling.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, sugar, 1/4 cup flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, and baking powder. Beat until blended and pour over cooked crust. Bake 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Remove from pan and cut into bars.
Leave a Reply